Worcester Library and History Centre
This site is now an archive of the development of The Hive.
For up-to-date details of The Hive, including library catalogue searches and much more, please visit www.thehiveworcester.org
We look forward to welcoming you to The Hive soon!
Vamos Theatre Production
Offal Tales: Stories of the Worcester Cattle Market
Venue: The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PB
Dates: Friday 6th and Saturday 7th July 2012
Times: 5pm & 7:30pm on both days
To celebrate the opening of The Hive, Vamos Theatre presents a special promenade performance. Staged throughout the new building, this full mask show will be an evocative mix of history and hilarity, telling stories of the people and places of Worcester's cattle market, where The Hive now stands. Expect mask and puppets, music, singing pigs and dancing cows! The show is suitable for family audiences, and there is wheelchair access.
Due to the huge demand there are now only a few tickets left for the 7:30 Friday show. All the other shows have now sold out. Tickets are free and the only way to get a ticket is to email Worcestershire County Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the poster [PDF]
Facts and Figures
- Opening July 2012
- Will be the first of its kind in Europe
- 12 miles of archive collections
- Winner of one international award for the building's design
- Shortlisted for two national awards
- A quarter of a million books
- Anticipating over a million visitors per year
- 10,000m2 of public space, over five floors
- 800 study stations
- Over 26,000 records of historic monuments and buildings
- Landmark design
The Hive is situated in the centre of Worcester.